SOULFOOD RECIPE : FRIED CATFISH
A nice simple and delicious soulfood recipe to try !
Soul Food Recipe INGREDIENTS:
- 2 pounds catfish fillets -- 1/2 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cracker meal or coarsely crushed unsalted crackers
- 1 cup vegetable oil
1. Trim the catfish of any skin or membrane. Stir the garlic powder, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl.
Sprinkle the mixture over both sides of the fillets. Dredge the fillets in the cracker meal, pressing gently so the meal sticks to both sides of the fillets. Shake off the excess and set the fillets aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over a medium heat until a little cracker meal sprinkle in the oil gives off a lively sizzle. Slip the fillets into the skillet and fry, turning once, until the fillets are cooked through and golden brown on both sides, about 8 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels before serving...and the soulfood recipe of catfish is ready to serve...nice ! Enjoy it !